Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Its Official-HGTV Airdate!


I'm almost afraid to post this buts its official I finally have an air date for a segment I filmed for HGTVs Thats Clever. Back in the Spring of 2007 I filmed a six minute segment for over six hours. Four people including a producer, director, camera guy and sound guy took over my tiny apartment and filmed me demonstrating the craft of making a miniature giraffe doll. The segment features the full tutorial from the sculpting, baking, painting and dressing the miniature doll. It was a grueling process.. between the multiple takes and my newly discovered stuttering problem I managed to get through the segment. I learned a lot from the experience- mostly that I'm not cut out for television. Frankly jumping out of an airplane would of been more comfortable. :) Thank goodness my mother was there for moral support. So years later its finally airing. With so many other shows in the can I guess it takes awhile to get on air. Heres a photo of the giraffe doll featured and setting up for filming.



No comments:

Post a Comment